Saturday, March 23, 2013

Cutie Cutie Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie ~ Perfect for the AM ~ So Yum!

I've been eating a lot of fast food the last few days and haven't been feeling so hot. My body was lacking nutrition and energy so on Friday when I was making out my grocery list for the weekend, I decided I wanted to incorporate lots of awesome smoothies and homemade juices for the week. I love delicious and fruity smoothies in the morning and power Green juices in the afternoon. They make me feel so good! 

I was a good girl at the grocery store and got all my fruits, veggies, salmon, fish, fermented foods, nuts and restocked on some great oils (coconut oil for everything) and Jojoba for my hair and skin. 

I started using Coconut oil years ago when I found out how great it is for cooking, and topically on your body. I keep discovering more and more ways to use Coconut oil on the internet and in alternative medicine books and I am going to make a post soon on all the information I've learned on Coconut oil! So keep an eye out for that, you definitely don't want to miss it. :)

 This morning I made a Strawberry, Banana and Orange smoothie and it turned out so yum! Every year I buy a box or two of Cutie oranges and it seems like there are hundreds of them in the refrigerator and I have to find uses for them. They substitute well for oranges in smoothies! I pretty much guesstimate all the ingredients amounts when I'm making these things but here is the approximate recipe I used. :)

The Cutie Cutie Strawberry Banana Protein

1.5 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt 
1 Scoop of your Favorite Protein Powder
6 Large Strawberries, Remove Tops
1 Large Banana 
1/2 frozen banana 
2 "Cuties" oranges or 1 Small Orange, peeled
1/2 cup Ice
a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a blender (I use a Ninja!) and blend until smooth and creamy!

This makes a fairly large batch (filled up my Qt. mason jar) so you can cut portion in half and store the other portion for later if desired. 

Let me know if you like this recipe! Enjoy! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)