Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub - Oil Free with Salicylic Acid Acne Medication

Today I'm sharing a review on a staple product in my skincare regimen that I've been using for years: St. Ives Apricot Scrub: Blemish Control edition! Ever since I started really taking care of my skin I've always used St. Ives Apricot scrubs for two reasons: 1. They're SO affordable (about $4 at a Drugstore) and 2. They really do work!


This scrub really helps with blackheads and breakouts! Throughout the month, I usually have a few pimples and I can always tell what they've originated from. Sometimes they're hormonal, sometimes they show up the morning after a junk food sesh' and then there is the 'my face is dirty and my pores are clogged from my makeup' pimple and when I'm using a good facial cleanse and this scrub there's hardly ever any of those nasty pimples to be found!

There are a few different variations of St. Ives scrubs. There is the original Apricot version, some acne prevention scrubs and sensitive skin versions. (The original is also great for using in the shower on your whole body! You can buy a large tub for that, but I'll get more into that in a separate review :)


Most people prefer to use the Original version however there are some situations when this Blemish Control scrub would be ideal.

  1. If you suffer from Acne
  2. If you suffer from Blackheads
  3. If your skin is on the Oily side
  4. If your skin is NOT Sensitive 
If you cannot say Yes to all of these things, do not use Blemish Control. It can make your skin very dry from the Salicylic Acid, inflamed from the very rough scrubbies, and irritated from ingredients that are not created for Sensitive skin types. 

Let's take a look at the ingredients: 



Ingredients like Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fragrance, and Many others in this scrub are not suitable for Sensitive Skin and unfortunately don't pass our Moxie Green Beauty test!

The Scrub Experience: 
An up close look at product color, texture, at all of those scubbies! 
A fresh, clean and vibrant apricot scent. Pastey, foamy lather. Wonderful smell! Very large, sparingly and rough scubbing bead pieces making up of about 15% of the product. Contains Salicylic Acid for Blemish Control. Rinses easily and leaves a good clean feeling to my face. Face feels polished and lightly scented. Dries with a matte texture and my skin looks slightly lighter in color and more even in tone. Makes skin slightly taught with a clean finish and hint of shine. A smooth neutral base for moisturizer. Moisturizer would be needed before applying makeup after using this and a night cream or serum would be ideal for before Bed after this using this product.

Moxie Gives St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scub:

I hope this review gave you a '360' look at this product and helped you decide if you'd like to try it and generally what to expect.

Please share your experience with this product in the comments below! Thanks for reading! :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)