Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gift Ideas for Him ~ Perfect for Valentines, Birthdays ~ Last Minute Ideas for Any Budget! ♥

If you're celebrating Valentine's Day, there's only a few days left to get your gift in order! Stressful right? I know how you feel! If you're like me, on Valentine's Day or even his Birthday, you might be wondering at the last minute what should I get my man? 

I've been with my man through many Valentine's Days, Birthdays and Holidays, so I'm needing to get more and more creative as the years go by. I don't want to regift things I've already have gave in the past. 

Question: Is this your first Valentine's Day or Birthday with your man?
Answer:  Then it's totally safe to do the classic gift of a Watch or Cologne. Both of these are classic, excellent gifts. If you know which cologne your man wears, go to the perfume counter and ask to smell other colognes that are similar in style and scent and choose which one you adore. Most guys won't switch up their style much without the help of his lady, so find a scent similar to his taste, but also a new one which you adore.
 If he knows you love this new scent and it's something that brings you in a little closer, he's going to love it too. This worked for my boyfriend. He loves the colognes I pick out. If you're guy is super picky about his scents, don't buy the giant bottle, just in case. ;)

Question: You've already done the Watch/Cologne gift in the past?
Answer: It's time to get a little creative!

Over the last few days I've been thinking of gifts to get my boyfriend. They had to be different than anything I've gave before and it hasn't been easy! I wanted to share with you some gifts that I have given to my guy in the past that were a big success. A lot of Gift Guides out there online or in magazines really disappoint me because they feature items that are completely out of my price range and seem unrealistic (think bedazzled bowling shoes for $800) my boyfriend would have a heart attack if I gifted him something ridiculous like that. ;) Whether you want to spend a little or a lot, there's always a great gift to give.

For the Beer Loving Bo: 
World Market's Beers of the World $15
Cost Plus World Market
This little gift is Awesome!! I got this for my guy for Christmas and he loved loved loved it. It's such a cool novelty gift that your man will actually enjoy drinking and he'll think you're one cool chick for gifting this to him. It includes beers crafted from all parts of the world, from Japan to Germany.


For the 'Metro' Man (we ♥ those ;) :

The Art of Shaving: The 4 Elements of a Perfect Shave Kit ~ $115 
Sephora.com
Why I Recommend:
 Guys love to be pampered and if your man is into his shaving upkeep, this makes a perfect gift! Rated 5 Stars by 100's of reviewers. It's pricey but a Lux gift he is sure to love. It comes in Sandalwood, Lavender (my guys favorite) or Unscented.

Affordable Alternative:
A Clean Start Shave Kit $40
Sephora.com
Rated over 4+ Stars by hundreds of reviewers on Sephora.
Everything a man needs to start his day with a fresh, soft and clean face. A great value and attractive kit! ♥

For The Student/Techy Guy:


Barnes & Noble Nook Color $170
Barnes & Noble NOOK Tablet 16gb on Amazon
Why I Recommend: This tablet was rated the 'Best bang for your $' by MSN Tech. Not only can your guy keep all his readings on one techy little device, but this baby has Vivid Color technology, 16g of storage and provides a perfect distraction when he needs a study break. Apps, E-Mail, Internet, Music and Movies, and Wi-fi enabled all for under $200. A gift sure to make your techy guy swoon.

Affordable Alternative:
Nook Simple Touch $79
This Nook boasts Best–Text™, ultra-crisp, reads just like paper – even in bright sun, over 3 million books at your fingertips and the longest battery life, over 2 months!  A gift anyone would love! 

For the Hermit: (hehe)
And I say the hermit with total endearment. ;) Let's face it, there are a lot of guys who don't like to go anywhere! Especially as they get older or if they're working hard everyday, they really value their stay home time, and I know us ladies can appreciate a little stay home boding too. So instead of going out to the movies, bring the movies home!
Get a big basket from a craft store, a great bottle of wine or champagne (or something a little harder if that's his style) buy a comfy throw blanket and put it on the bottom for you to share and fill the basket up with movie theater goodies including his favorite candy, popcorn or even some homemade by you treats. Pick out a great movie from Redbox that you both will enjoy and add it to the basket. It's a perfect way to bring the night out, in. Best of all you can drink as much as you want and wear as little as you like ;)

For the Gamer Guy:
My boyfriend is a Gamer and for a lot of women that can create some difficulties in the relationship (trust me I know) and that's one of the reasons I became a 'Gamer Girl' myself ;) I now have a way to bond with my boyfriend and we both really enjoy it. Our relationship is so much better now that I join in the fun, instead of feeling upset that I'm not getting enough attention from him (trust me I feel your pain!) But boys will be boys. If you love your man regardless and you really want to embrace his passion, I have a great date idea for the both of you! ;)
The Arcade
An adult arcade like Dave & Busters where plenty of alcohol is flowing to keep you entertained too! Ladies, if you're not a gamer and really don't find this environment fun, but really want to impress your guy, I so suggest giving it a try! The key is to really try and enjoy yourself, play games with him and depending on his personality type let him win or make him lose! Some guys love a girl that can beat him in a game. Most guys will find it seriously hot and he'll be all over you by the end of the night! You'll also score some serious kudos in the relationship department. Just make sure to let him win a few so he'll feel like the manly man he is. Men love to impress you too ;)

Gifts That Keep Giving:
Romance Kits $30-$100
You can never go wrong with a sexy romance kit. It's the gift that keeps on giving. There are many romance kits aimed at women (think rose petals, candles, and massage oil) and then there are romance kits aimed at men. It's definitely a good idea to skip the silk rose petals and environment setting goodies and go straight for the playthings! ;) New Indulgence makes classy kits that aim to satisfy both partners ;)


Gift Cards Inside New Wallet
Last year for my boyfriend's birthday he was too sick to go anywhere to celebrate. I told him we'd celebrate as soon as he was feeling better. So for his birthday he really needed a new wallet and I purchased a few gift cards to his favorite places and put them inside before I wrapped it! He really liked his gift it created many fun date nights for us!

Those are a few ideas that I can think of. I hope someone finds this post helpful if they're in need of some realistic gifting inspiration!

Tell Us: What is a creative gift you have made or purchased for your guy?




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for including World Market on your blog post.

    ~World Market

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by Carla! World Market is a very exciting place to shop for wonderfully unique items for gifting and for the home. We're happy to feature World Market on our site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, getting your man a present is much more difficult! Unless you know your boyfriend or husband so well, picking a gift may not be that much of a problem. Anyway, these ideas are great. Thanks for sharing it then.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! ;)