Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Victoria's Secret Gorgeous Perfume Review ~ Eau De Parfum ~ Strawberry, Sandalwood

Hey there Gorgeous ;)
This review is for one of my favorite Victoria's Secret Perfumes ~ Gorgeous! I have a lot to say about this Perfume so let's get started! 
Isn't this bottle Gorgeous!? :)
This perfume and I have a love/tolerate ;) relationship. When it first came out I got a sample size as a free gift to an order I placed a few years ago. When I first smelled it I was in love and I knew I had to get the full size. I ended up using my sample size bottle and then I forgot about it for awhile. 

Recently I seen it's been discontinued and I remembered how much I loved it so I logged in to trusty eBay to search for a bottle. (The price was awesome by the way, they're about 40% off normal Victoria's Secret prices if you're interested in getting a bottle. Right now the market is flooded with bottles but soon they'll be hard to find and expensive. :( 

I got my bottle in the mail about a week ago and since then have been using it daily! There are some things I'm loving and some I don't like about this perfume. 

The Packaging
First off, I love the appearance of the perfume bottle and packaging. The pink is so pretty and looks adorable on my vanity. It really stands out among the other perfumes. :) The Atomizer (I call it the Puffer) is very old Hollywood Glamour and adds some cute sophistication to the bottle's appearance. 

Unfortunately the Puffer doesn't work very well :( 
I'm not sure if it's like this on all bottles but my puffer doesn't like to Puff and it takes some vigorous puffing of the puffer to get some scent out. So, that's not great.



The Scent
 Perfume Notes:
Top:
Wild Strawberry, Mandarin Orange
Middle:
 Jasmine, Freesia
Base:
 Musk & Sandalwood





At first it's very fruity from the Wild Strawberry. Immediately after you smell a strong floral scent consisting of the Jasmine and Freesia, Musk, and Sandalwood. In my opinion all of these scents are very apparent. I can smell each one individually. Very Sweet, Floral then a Sandalwood-Musk. I think the scent is light, very clean and flirty. It reminds me a lot of Very Wang Princess and Viva La Juicy.  I would consider this a Spring & Summer daytime wear scent. Perfect for an evening date, especially to the movies because your date won't need a gas mask, hehe ;) (Guys hate being fumigated! :)

Meanwhile,
Lindsay Ellingson is Gorgeous!
Projection & Lasting Power
The projection on this perfume is fair, my boyfriend says he hardly notices it and unfortunately the scent disappears almost completely within a few hours! If I spray it on myself before I leave, my boyfriend will get in the car and he says it's not very noticeable  I can hardly smell it on my scarf (an item I sprayed) the next day. The scent dissipates rather quickly. 

Overall
Overall this Perfume has a few problems from the Puffer to the lasting power however, the cuteness of the bottle and the scent itself makes it worth buying! I rate this perfume 4 Kisses ;) The lasting power can easily be fixed by just carrying the bottle in your handbag and reapplying every few hours. :)


Would I purchase Victoria's Secret Gorgeous again?
I would definitely purchase this Perfume again. I love the scent! :)


I hope this review helped you decide if you'd like to try Victoria's Secret Gorgeous. I'd love you to leave your take on this perfume in the comments below! Which VS perfume is your favorite? ;)







1 comments:

  1. I love Strawberry and Jasmine in this perfume. Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line! ;)