Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Olay Soothing Cucumber Massaging Body Bar Review ~ Moxie Beauty Bath & Body Review

Hello Moxie Beauties! 

I was shopping the Target soap aisle last week looking for a new soap to try that was both refreshing for the warm weather we've been having, yet moisturizing for dry winter skin! I came across this Olay Soothing Cucumber bar with interesting massage design and decided it just might be perfect! ;) I've been using this soap for a while now, so here's my review!

This review is for Olay Soothing Cucumber Massaging Body Bar.

The Scent:
What I love most about this Soap is the scent! If you're a fan of Bath and Body's Cucumber Melon you're going to love it! The Cucumber scent is strong yet pleasant and not overpowering. The Cucumber scent is very Spa like! It's calming and neutral. The scent is just perfect for Spring and Summer and will be oh so refreshing in hot weather! :)

The Lather:
Even though this is a glycerin/oil based and not a creamy/oil based soap, it does manage to still create a good lather for the bath Poof or Loofah.

The Ingredients:
sodium palmate, sodium palm kernelate, water/eau, glycerin, sorbitol, palm kernel acid, fragrance/parfum, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, iron oxides, yellow 10, green 3.

The ingredients in this soap doesn't qualify to make it into our beloved Green Beauty category but the ingredients are impressive for a Drugstore Non-Organic product. Olay products are known to be generally quality and trustworthy.

What About That Massage Bead Design?
When I first opened the box and seen the design, I figured the massage bead design will have almost no lasting power. Normally I use my bar soap on a Poof or Loofah and rarely ever right onto the body itself. I tried using this on different areas and it didn't really do much. I thought maybe it would be good for helping as a cellulite massage...not really. But I did discover that this little soap does big things on your tooties! This massage bead design was destined for the bottoms of your feet! If you have tired and aching feet use this bar on the bottoms. Ohhh so so Heavenly! Definitely makes it all worth while. :) As far as the Massage Bead lasting power, expect to get 1 or 2 uses out of this bar and they will be completely washed away. :( 


The Lasting Power:
I would rate the Lasting Power a solid 4! I can smell the scent on my skin hours after a shower. It's a clean, refreshing after scent. Would be perfect if you're taking a shower before you'll be outdoors and sweating and also perfect for after a workout! It will leave you feeling clean and refreshed. :)


Was this soap true to it's description?
The product promises to be Refreshing, Soothing, Massaging and Moisturizing. It definitely does all four of those things! My skin felt moisturized and clean, not dry and flakey or like there was any residue left behind. Another great product Olay!

Moxie Rates This Olay Soothing Cucumber Massaging Body Bar:
4 Kisses!

If you'd like to try this soap but are unable to locate it in store, eBay always is always a great place to look :)


If you're wanting to try this soap but are not a fan of Cucumber the back of the box says they have other scents in the massage design. Luscious Embrace (Orchid), Silk Whimsy (Peony) and Purely Pristine (Clean). I want to try them all! :)

Tell us! What's your favorite Olay product?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)