Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tempting Treats: Yum Yum Snickerdoodles - Easy to Make & Delicious!


Homemade Snickerdoodles: Best Recipe Found! Easy too :)

What's one of my favorite things about Fall? Snickerdoodles! Yes Snickerdoodles....those yummy perfectly crispy chewy, cinnamony soft delicious cookies always remind me of the start of fall time. Pumpkins, fall leaves and apple cider candles, & Snickerdoodles. <3

I've been looking around for the perfect Snickerdoodle recipe because they're my most favorite cookie and my boyfriend recently told me they were his as well (Sounds like this love is going to last! :) I've made some different recipes in the past but they never turned out quite right. I've been relying on Paradise Bakery for my Snickerdoodle fix until now. This recipe is so easy to make and turns out so delicious. From one Snickerdoodle lover to another.

Rediculously Delicious Snickerdoodles

oh so good.
Ingredients:

1 cup butter 
1 1/2 cups sugar 
2 large eggs 
2 3/4 cups flour 
2 teaspoons cream of tartar 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
3 tablespoons sugar 
3 teaspoons cinnamon 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

The Cream of Tarter is very important!

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Blend dry ingredients and vanilla extract into butter mixture. Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge. Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop 1 inch spoonfuls of dough and make into small balls. Roll into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Remove from pan immediately.

If you can, chill up to 3 cookie pans in advance as having a cold cookie sheet to put the cold dough balls on to bake is the secret to getting the perfect Snickerdoodle. (Never put a hot cookie sheet into your refrigerator. :) Feel free to completely cover each dough ball in Cinnamon/Sugar mixture as you can never have too much! Traditional recipes normally don't call for the Vanilla extract but I think the subtle vanilla flavor really makes the cookie perfect. 


so Yum.... :)


I hope you enjoy! If you try this recipe, please leave a comment, I would love to know how it turns out for you! Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)