Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tilapia & Lemon Kale Beet Salad ~ Delicious & Healthy Low Calorie Eating ~ Easy Meal Idea

It's Tuesday and that means I've been on my 'super healthy eating' diet plan for 5 Days! So how do I feel? One word; Amazing! I know, I know, people always say that right? But really how else would be feel after eating what nature intended our bodies to eat, live food bursting with nutrition and enzymes! I have so much energy! Seriously! It's definitely an awesome feeling. 

Earlier I was thinking to myself...why is it that I like to eat a bag of cookies or munch down on so much junk food or fast food when I can feel like THIS? And I thought to myself, maybe it's because I always forget how THIS feels. I never allow my body enough time to get to this point and to experience what a healthy body and a lot of energy and clarity can really feel like. And it's true that once your 'hooked' on junk food, alot like smoking, it's hard to stop, or want to stop. Now that I've 'detoxed' the yucky out and got over my migraines (from sugar I'm guessing?) I don't want to stop this eating plan. My boyfriend brought home a pizza yesterday and though normally I'd be on it like a vultures on a...well it just didn't seem very appetizing! Or edible for that matter. All that grease and all that bread. Bread is my favorite food so please oh please don't let me lose my will! My boyfriend is pretty sure something is wrong with me for not wanting anything to do with his Pizza. :) 

This month grocery stores around here were having great sales on Seafood because of Lent. I made sure to stock up on a lot of fish and put it in the freezer. One of them being Tilapia! Though it's a white fish and it's not quite as flavorful as Salmon, there's a lot you can do with it. Normally when I'd buy Tilapia I'd bread it and made a fish fry or my favorite, put the Tilapia in flour tortillas with slaw, homemade salsa, guacamole, tangy sauce and fresh cilantro for Fish Tacos! Yum! 

For lunch I baked Tilapia with pepper and fresh lemon and made a great salad from Kale and Beet! 

This salad turned out really delicious! It was very easy to make too. Normally I'd use the regular more foliage Kale as it's less tough to chew in salads but I had a veggie mishap at the grocery store and needed to find more uses for it. :)

I used:
♥ 3 leaves of Flat Leaf or Regular Kale, remove stems, hand tear into bit size bits
♥ 1 Beet, washed and grated with a cheese grater (the pigment can stain your skin, you might want to use some gloves)
♥ juice of a 1/2 lemon

The Lemon is important because it brings out the sweetness of the Beet and breaks down the toughness of the Flat Leaf Kale. :)

I also wanted to share a really great Tarter sauce from Whole Foods! 

It's from Whole Food's 365 brand. (My Mother works for Whole Foods so she tells me about their training on their brand and store policies) You can always trust the ingredients from the 365 brand and it's almost always just as affordable as say, Target brand, ect. Great ingredients in this Tarter sauce, unlike the High Fructose Corn Syrup and Hydrogenated Oil Tarter Sauce I often find in stores. 

Full of Good Stuff
 I added a little on my Tilapia while eating and it tasted so good! The extra bit of calories the tarter adds is definitely worth it a little treat  ;)

Let me know if you try this salad, I'd love to know if you liked it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)