Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Maybelline's New Volum' Express The Rocket Mascara Review ~ Promises 8X the Volume!

Hey Moxie Beauties ;)
Today I'm reviewing Maybelline's New Volum' Express ~ The Rocket Mascara! 
Package Front
Package Back
So according to the package, Maybelline promises:
"Explosive Volume from Root to Tip ~ 8X the Clump Free Volume and a New Supersonic Brush"

"Introducing our advanced, patented, supersonic brush: it's hard core and evenly spaced soft bristles give 8X the volume, even from root to tip, in Rocket time!" It also says this formula is 'clump-free', safe for contact wearers, and sensitive eyes. 

Use: For Best Results, apply the supersonic brush against your lashes from root to tip, until your lashes take off to an explosive level of volume." (hehe)

I purchased the non-waterproof (regular) color 400, blackest black. Let's check out this 'Supersonic Wand'.

Here is a detailed photo of the wand before it's covered. Wand is very comparable to Benefit's They're Real! Mascara. The bristles are rubbery. Loving this pink! ;)


And now for the photos! :) Please excuse my brows I didn't fix them up)



Lovely! This mascara did great things in it's first coat. It coated all of my lashes evenly and lengthened them a little too. There doesn't seem to be too much clumping on the first coat. Unlike other mascaras that advise adding a second coat, this packaging doesn't say to add a second. But I went ahead and added a second coat after this first one dried and....


....it gets really clumpy... :( 


If you desire a second coat for a dramatic look you can take a eyelash brush and try and separate the lashes.  I notice that this mascara can also make some spider lashes if you're not careful. This Mascara does make your lashes a little stiff, not too much softness or flexibility. During one application I used my L'oreal Voluminous Mascara to 'fill in' after my first coat of Maybelline and the combination of the two worked well. If you're looking for a more subtle look or natural look, one coat of the Maybelline looks great. 

The Before and After:
Quite a difference! ;)
Overall:

I should mention is that this Mascara isn't easy to remove with soap and water. It almost seems that it might be somewhat water proof. Though the formula was not water proof. Just thought I should mention that. 

Did the Rocket Mascara give me 8X more volumous lashes?....Yes! 

Is the Rocket Mascara Clump Free...? Yes! But only on the first coat. 

Is this Mascara worth $6-$7...? Yes!

Does this mascara flake or is the lasting power not good..? I didn't notice any flaking. The lasting power was good!

Is this my new HG 'Holy Grail' Mascara...? This isn't my favorite Mascara, but it's now among some of my top favorites! 

Will I repurchase this Mascara....? Yes, if my tube goes empty anytime soon I will be repurchasing. I like to have a few different Mascaras at once. 
____________

Moxie Beauty awards Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara:


4 Kissy! out of 5!

Tell us! Have you tried Maybelline's The Rocket Mascara? How do you like it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)