Thursday, January 24, 2013

Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt: Nutritious & Delicious Dessert Under 200 Calories!

After a dinner tonight of broiled Salmon, streamed broccoli and citrus romaine salad I was craving something super decadent for dessert! Feeling like I had been a good girl for dinner I was tempted to go out for ice cream with my boyfriend. He loves going to Baskin Robbins and whenever we go, I always get my favorite, a Mocha Blast Iced Coffee drink.... oh my god, so yum. We decided to take Miyagi for an after dinner walk and I was feeling so good after eating a light dinner that the entire walk I was already feeling the guilt of a Mocha Blast weigh on my conscience. That was when I decided that the Mocha Blast would have made me happy for a few minutes, but the 650 (yikes!) calories would have lasted a lot longer.

So when I came home I looked in the fridge for something sweet I could put together and like a light from the heavens or the Greek Gods (hehe) I seen oh so yummy Vanilla Greek yogurt, a pint of strawberries and a banana looking out to me from deep inside the fridge. Alas, Le Dessert!


I used a half banana, 2 strawberries and 6oz of yogurt accounting for about 190 calories. My boyfriend added extra yogurt and a squeeze of chocolate sauce on his. It was so enjoyable and I feel equally satisfied as I would have having Ice Cream and best of all there is no guilty girl. I had an amazing dinner and a lovely dessert for about 550 calories :)


I had Greek Gods Yogurt on hand (It's not truly Greek despite the name) but I highly recommend Chobani, Fage and Voskos brand as well. They're great for adding to smoothies and enjoying with fruit. When it's healthy and tastes so good, it's definitely a win/win! :) Let's choose Health ladies! ;)

Tell us! Which Greek Yogurt brand is your favorite?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! ;)